Below is a list of the weekly Article. They are listed by the date assigned. Obviously, that means they are due one week from the assigned date.
Weekly Chemistry Article Assignment
Journals are an important way that scientists communicate about big ideas. How would science be different if Einstein had kept his crazy rainbow-chasing ideas to himself? What if Galileo never thought about the Earth orbiting around the Sun? Each week, you will be reading one article about interesting and important ideas in Chemistry.
Due on Tuesday each week
- Read the article
- Summarize the article in 10 sentences (must be handwritten)
- Answer the following questions:
- What’s one thing you already knew about this topic?
- What’s one new thing you learned about this topic?
- What’s one question you would like to have asked or learn more about?
Aug 29th - Serendipitous Chemistry
Sep 5th - Tantalum
Sept 12th - Chemistry of Coins
Sept 19th - The Sun
Sept 26th - Radium Girls
Oct 3rd - Radioactivity
Oct 10th - Pencils and Lead
Oct 17th - Fireworks
Oct 24th - Colorful Food
Oct 31st - Slime
Nov 7th - Matches
Nov 14th - Cinnamon
Jan 18th - Flaking Away Rust
Jan 23th - Platinum
Jan 30th -