Below is a list of the weekly Article. They are listed by the date assigned. Obviously, that means they are due one week from the assigned date.
Weekly Chemistry Article Assignment
Journals are an important way that scientists communicate about big ideas. How would science be different if Einstein had kept his crazy rainbow-chasing ideas to himself? What if Galileo never thought about the Earth orbiting around the Sun? Each week, you will be reading one article about interesting and important ideas in Chemistry.
Due on Tuesday each week
- Read the article
- Summarize the article in 10 sentences (must be handwritten)
- Answer the following questions:
- What’s one thing you already knew about this topic?
- What’s one new thing you learned about this topic?
- What’s one question you would like to have asked or learn more about?
Aug 30th - Serendipitous Chemistry
Sept 6th - Tantalum
Sept 13th - Chemistry of Coins
Sept 20th - The Sun
Sept 27th - Radium Girls
Oct 4th - Radioactivity
Oct 10th - Pencils and Lead
Oct 18th - Fireworks
Oct 25th - Colorful Food
Nov 3rd - Slime
Nov 8th - Matches
Nov 15th - Cinnamon
Jan 17th - Flaking Away Rust
Jan 24th - Platinum
Jan 31 -